Christians believe the story of Jesus is original and unique. So much so, that the christian mind says to itself, he is the one and only son of God, Christ the lord, and he lives through me, to make decisions for me. Leaving no room to worship anyone or anything ell's. The bible even states that it's forbidden to worship anyone but the Lord God, otherwise christian or not, you will spend an eternity of pain and suffering in a place called hell. If you were to tell a christian that the story of Jesus is not unique, that mind frame writes it off as "work of the devil". It's hard to explain to someone who believes something so undoubtedly, that the story of Jesus is not unique at all. As it turns out there are about half a dozen gods that all share the same story long before Jesus, which I'll get to further down. Of course, mention this to a christian and their going to think your either lying, or that the devil planted the story of other gods into the minds of people a long before Jesus to astray them from the true Christ. Think about it, you get someone to believe their going to spend an eternity of pain and suffering if they believe in anything other then "Christ the Lord", their mind wont let them believe anything ell's. That in it self, I find to be evil. In a way it keeps people imprisoned in their own minds. Born-again Christians have their whole lives torn apart by regretting everything they did before "they were saved" and now all of their decisions are made by "the Lord". This gives them an explanation for what happens in their lives. I guess life would be a little easier if you didn't have to own up to your own decisions. Talk about getting into someones head. I've seen strong independent confident people have there ego torn to shreds, and are now people who now question just about everything they do. Granted for some, I believe it's a good thing. Jesus promotes love, and people who don't have love in their lives need to fill that space somehow. That's why so many people who don't have close family members or are recovering drug addicts and alcoholics turn to the bible. It's a great empowerment for someone who feel's they have nothing. For those people, it's a good thing. It's funny, it seems for the weak, it makes them strong, and for the strong, it makes them weak.
The biggest problem I have with Christianity is the Bible. It's written in such a tongue, depending on the reader it can be interpreted in however they like. That's why you have so many different forms of Christianity, and they all feel that their version is right.
Lets take a look at a few of the hundreds of contradictions throughout the bible.
Does God condone murder?
I SAM 15:2,3,7,8 Thus saith the Lord . . . Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass. . . . And Saul smote the Amalekites . . . and utterly destroyed all the people with the edge of the sword.
EXO 31:15 Whosoever doeth any work in the sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death.
I thought God was good to all. So much for people working on Sundays, your screwed!
God says it's OK to have slaves?
JOEL 3:8 And I will sell your sons and your daughters into the hand of the children of Judah, and they shall sell them to the Sabeans, to a people far off: for the Lord hath spoken it.
EXO 21:2,7 If thou buy an Hebrew servant, six years he shall serve: and in the seventh he shall go out free for nothing. . . . And if a man sell his daughter to be a maidservant, she shall not go out as the manservants do.
Is God good or evil?
DEUT 32:4 a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right is he.
EXO 20:5 For I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation. (Also repeated in Deuteronomy 5:9)
ISAI 45:7 I make peace and create evil. I the Lord do all these things.
EZEK 20:25,26 I gave them also statutes that were not good, and judgments whereby they should not live. And I polluted them in their own gifts, in that they caused to pass through the fire all that openeth the womb, that I might make them desolate, to the end that they might know that I am the Lord.
PSALM 145:9 The Lord is good to all.
War or peace?
ROM 15:33 The God of peace.
EXO 15:3 The Lord is a man of war.
JOEL 3:9-10 Prepare war, wake up the mighty men, let all the men of war draw near; let them come up: Beat your plowshares into swords, and your pruninghooks into spears: let the weak say, I am strong.
LUKE 22:36 Then said he unto them, . . . he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.
Is God visible?
JOHN 1:18 No man hath seen God at any time.
EXO 33:20 Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live.
GEN 32:30 For I have seen God face to face.
EXO 33:11 And the Lord spake unto Moses face to face, as a man speaketh unto his friend.
Obey god or the law?
I PETER 2:13 Submit yourself to every ordinance of man . . . to the king, as supreme; Or unto governors.
ACTS 5:29 We ought to obey God rather then men.
Order of creation?
Day 1: Sky, Earth, light (Where did the light come from if the sun was made on day 4?)
Day 2: Water, both in ocean basins and above the sky (Rain without the sun?)
Day 3: Plants (Before the sun?)
Day 4: Sun, Moon, stars (Um...We revolve around the sun not the other way around.)
Day 5: Sea monsters, fish, birds, land animals.
Day 6: Humans (not man, but humans, meaning male and female, or I guess he waited until the afternoon to make a woman)
Day 7: Nothing
It's funny how there were 3 days before the sun was made. Days consist of a morning, noon, evening, and night. Kind of hard without a sun don't you think, I don't know, call me crazy.
If you want to see more, here's a list of 143 Bible contradictions.
As you can see, the Bible has been written in such a way that depending on the reader, you can make anything bad and really anything good, it even condones rape and murder in many many verses throughout the Bible. Here's just a few:
DEUT 22:28-29 If a man is caught in the act of raping a young woman who is not engaged, he must pay fifty pieces of silver to her father. Then he must marry the young woman because he violated her, and he will never be allowed to divorce her. (But he can cheat on her?)
So if your raped, you now have to marry your attacker. What kind of sick bastard would make that a law?
LEVIT 20:13 If a man lies with a male as with a women, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives.
All of your gay friends are now dead.
DEUT 13:7-12 If your own full brother, or your son or daughter, or your beloved wife, or you intimate friend, entices you secretly to serve other gods, whom you and your fathers have not known, gods of any other nations, near at hand or far away, from one end of the earth to the other: do not yield to him or listen to him, nor look with pity upon him, to spare or shield him, but kill him. Your hand shall be the first raised to slay him; the rest of the people shall join in with you. You shall stone him to death, because he sought to lead you astray from the Lord, your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, that place of slavery. And all Israel, hearing of this, shall fear and never do such evil as this in your midst.
So for all you true believers out there, you now must go kill every non christian you know. That would make Hitler to be considered a good christian. After all, he was a christian and was only following Gods orders.
EXO 12:29-30 And at midnight the LORD killed all the firstborn sons in the land of Egypt, from the firstborn son of Pharaoh, who sat on the throne, to the firstborn son of the captive in the dungeon. Even the firstborn of their livestock were killed. Pharaoh and his officials and all the people of Egypt woke up during the night, and loud wailing was heard throughout the land of Egypt. There was not a single house where someone had not died.
Wow......God slaughtered hundreds of thousands of baby's, even the ones held captive. In my book that constitutes a murdering psychopath.
REV 21:8 But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars-- their place will be in the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death.
So if your a coward, non-believer, lie in anyway or having sex out of wedlock,.....guess where your going, a big fiery lake of burning sulfur! Sucks for you.
The pattern starts to become very clear, the biblical God instills fear by threatening you and your loved ones with rape, murder and eternal pain and suffering. Personally this sounds like a conspiracy to keep people submissive not allowing them to think for themselves, because if they do,.....well you know the outcome. People are in a prison in their own minds, and God is the warden watching you at all times. The Bible should be band and outlawed! It never will though because it's the same people in power who wrote it in order to control the masses. That's why it was written in the first place. Mind control. Don't think, just obey. This is why in Christianity, "God" lives through you and makes decisions for you, rather than you making decisions for yourself. God really considers humans not capable of living their own lives. That's apparently his job.
Now on to the story of Jesus and how unique it really is. This is a list of 55 different things that happened in Jesus life, along with other god's it's happened to.
1. His mother was a virgin woman: Jesus, Attis, Buddha, Dionysus, Krishna, Mithra, Zoroaster, Horus
2. He was born on December 25: Jesus, Attis, Buddha, Dionysus, Horus, Krishna, Mithra
3. His earthly (adopted) father was a carpenter: Jesus, Krishna
4. His birth was signaled by a heavenly star: Jesus, Buddha, Horus, Krishna
5. At his birth, shepherds presented him with gifts: Jesus, Buddha, Horus, Krishna, Mithra
6. He was born in a manger or a cave: Jesus, Dionysus, Mithra
7. As a baby, he is declared a king. Wise men present him with gifts of gold: Jesus, Buddha, Krishna
8. Angels or other good divine spirits sang songs or danced at his birth: Jesus, Buddha, Krishna
9. He was threatened by a king or tyrant who tried to kill him as an infant: Jesus, Buddha, Krishna, Moses
10. He was of royal lineage: Jesus, Buddha, Horus
11. He taught at the temple as a child and astounded all who heard him with his wisdom: Jesus, Buddha, Horus, Zoroaster
12. He was baptized at a river: Jesus, Buddha, Horus, Zoroaster
13. His hapless baptizer is later decapitated: Jesus, Horus
14. He was tempted in the wilderness by the devil: Jesus, Zoroaster
15. He was a traveling teacher of great wisdom: Jesus, Buddha, Dionysus, Mithra
16. His ministry preached a message of charity, peace and love. He lived in poverty and loved the poor: Jesus, Krishna
17. He taught of heaven and hell, revealed mysteries, resurrection, judgment, salvation and the apocalypse: Jesus, Zoroaster
18. He gave a famous sermon on a mountain: Jesus, Horus
19. He had 12 disciples: Jesus, Horus, Mithra
20. He gave his disciples the power to work miracles: Jesus, Krishna
21. He was transfigured in front of his disciples, sometimes described as shining as the sun: Jesus, Buddha, Horus, Krishna
22. He healed the sick and the injured: Jesus, Buddha, Horus, Krishna, Mithra, Serapis, Zoroaster
23. He cast out demons: Jesus, Horus, Zoroaster
24. He fed hundreds or thousands with magically generated food: Jesus, Buddha
25. He walked on water: Jesus, Buddha, Horus
26. He brought back the dead: Jesus, Horus
27. He turned water into wine: Jesus, Dionysus
28. His followers were admonished to take vows of poverty and renounce worldly desires: Jesus, Buddha
29. He was called such exalted titles as "Lord", "Master", "Light of the World", "Holy One", "Redeemer", "The Way", "The Truth", etc.: Jesus, Buddha, Dionysus, Horus, Krishna, Mithra
30. He is called "Logos" or "The Word": Jesus, Horus, Krishna, Mithra, Prometheus, Zoroaster
31. He was called "the anointed one" (how "Christ" translates): Jesus, Dionysus, Horus
32. He was known to his followers as a Shepherd of Humanity: Jesus, Buddha, Horus, Mithra, Serapis
33. He was known as a fisher, associated with the fish: Jesus, Horus
34. He's identified with the ram or lamb: Jesus, Dionysus, Horus, Mithra
35. He's identified with the lion: Jesus, Horus, Krishna, Mithra
36. He came not to destroy but to fulfill the law: Jesus, Buddha, Horus
37. He rode in a triumphal procession on a donkey: Jesus, Dionysus
38. He condemned the clergy for their ambition and hypocrisy. He would later fall victim to their scheming: Jesus, Krishna
39. He crushed a serpent's head: Jesus, Buddha, Krishna
40. Declared the savior of humanity, slain for our salvation: Jesus, Attis, Krishna, Mithra
41. He sometimes is known by a heart symbol: Jesus, Krishna
42. His body and/or blood is consumed through bread/wine in a symbolic ritual: Jesus, Attis, Dionysus, Mithra, Zoroaster
43. He had a sacred cup or grail: Jesus, Zoroaster
44. He died while hung from a cross or a tree: Jesus, Attis, Buddha, Dionysus, Horus, Krishna
45. His good friend, a fisherman named Peter/Petraeus, would desert him: Jesus, Prometheus
46. He was crucified between two thieves: Jesus, Horus, Krishna
47. He was around the age of 30 when he was crucified: Jesus, Krishna
48. At his death, the sun darkened or there were other grim supernatural signs: Jesus, Krishna
49. He went to the underworld for three days: Jesus, Attis, Mithra
50. He was resurrected: Jesus, Attis, Buddha, Dionysus, Horus, Krishna, Mithra
51. He was resurrected during the springtime, the date of which would become a day of celebration among his followers: Jesus, Attis, Dionysus, Mithra
52. His sacred day is Sunday: Jesus, Mithra
53. He is the second part of a divine trinity and/or considered to be one with his father god: Jesus, Attis, Krishna
54. He promises to return one day: Jesus, Buddha, Horus, Krishna, Zoroaster
55. When he comes again, he will ride on a white horse to do battle with the prince of evil: Jesus, Krishna
Looks to me like the story of Jesus is compiled from things that happened all gods that lived before him.
Granted maybe some parts of this list are somewhat incorrect, but were not made up, and are for the most part correct. I believe God is everything and anything and I feel that Christians have abused the word "God" and turned into something of their own. I feel the bible has nothing to do with the REAL "God". He is not a man in the sky and surly never wrote any book.
Very rich men wrote the bible in order to control civilizations and distorted the word God to create a fictional being that controls everything. There's a great book that makes all of this very
clear called "God VS. The Bible" which you can read here.
All an all it's the year 2009 not 1009. It's time to put these old fairy tails to rest. It's doing nothing put keeping us as a human race down. The ironic part of the whole thing is, people who believe in Christianity tend to be less educated then people who don't. Down in the southern bible belt, it seems to be all about Jesus and guns!!! How in Jesus name, can anybody study a man who promotes love and compaction and at the same time support the making of weapons made for the SOUL PURPOSE OF KILLING OTHER HUMANS! Some confusing message, you think?
Now I'm all about promoting love, peace and compaction, but It's time to put your faith in yourself, and knowing you are a part of "God" just like the everything in the universe. There is no one and only creator that has a gray beard with a magic wave of the hand making things happen who will put you in hell if you don't obey him. Look at the rest of the world around you and acknowledge what's happening, how anyone could believe this non-sense is baffling. Either way, it's important to find the facts for yourself, rather that have someone or something tell them to you and how you should live your life. We all grow up knowing what's right and what's wrong and we don't need bible explaining it to us in tongue. It seems strange that priests who do the "Lords" work seem to have the highest rate of molestation cases. I guess their god decided not to give them the strength to know what was right from wrong, even know their lives were devoted to HIM.
We all want good in our lives and that's the attraction to the Jesus and the Bible. But there to many holes in the story for it to hold any water. There is no need for all this repent and sin and fear of what happens to your soul. Fear does not bring love and happiness, it leads to hatred and jealousy. The only one that can create love and happiness is ourselves and it's up to each and every one of us to find it. But in order to get there you need to attain the knowledge on your own, through this experience we call life. Open your mind to what is and what could be, find out the facts before going on to believe whatever your told. Especially from some book written over and over and over by rich and powerful men. Don't take yourself for granted and know you have the power within yourself. This life is yours, so why would you allow anyone or any thing live it for you. Let your mind and soul free by attaining your attainable mind.